Modelling complex pipe runs and buildings from point clouds is one of the most time-consuming and tedious engineering tasks. Current software solutions require manual tracing of pipes, walls, joins, windows and other surfaces to create accurate as-built models.
The scientists at ClearEdge 3D have developed groundbreaking algorithms that can identify and extract pipes, walls, structures and other complex building and plant features from point clouds.
Instead of manually tracing pipes or walls or other features, EdgeWise™ does much of the manual processing for you by identifying essential surfaces in a point cloud, discarding irrelevant data and extracting solid, accurate feature geometry.
- Supports multiple file formats
- Interactive 3D visualisation of data
- Automatic extraction of walls, windows, doors, columns and other building features
- Fully adjustable point classification parameters
- Auto-classification of points by surface type
- Export of models to .dxf format
Version 5.0 of Edgewise is the biggest software update, the core automated feature extraction algorithms have been updated which has produced excellent results.
New features include:
- False positives have virtually been eliminated with the new pipe extraction algorithms
- Version 5.0 introduces new technology that automates the extraction of gridded steel and concrete structures, changing the way structures are modelled
- A new Plant 3D Plug-in enables EdgeWise models to be edited directly into Plant 3D
- Improvements have been made to the Revit Plug-in which allows the import of out-of-tolerance as-built elbows
- NEW! Photo realistic visualisation engine – ClearViewTM
EdgeWise Structure Modelling Tools – reduce modelling time by up to 80% with Automated Structured modelling tools in V5.0. By applying advanced extraction algorithms and automated technologies V5.0 can accurately extract steel, concrete and wood structure, faster and more accurately than ever before – click here to view the EdgeWise Structure Tools Brochure.
Plant Modelling Capabilities – Edgewise V5.0 brings a range of features and tools including automated extraction, spec-driven placement, billion-point visualisation and exacting quality assurance tools – providing end-to-end modelling solution for process plants – click here to view the EdgeWise Plant Modelling Brochure.
MEP Modelling Capabilities – Edgewise v5.0 provides radically faster MEP modelling workflows as well as full Revit integration. The new software allows users to import 3D MEP Models directly into Revit, eliminating the need for manual MEP modelling of pipes conduits and round ducting in Revit – click here to view the EdgeWise MEP Modelling Brochure.
Edgewise Building Modelling Tools – Using new algorithms that automatically detect and extract walls, windows and other features from Point Clouds and export them as Revit family objects, saving time creating as-built BIMS natively in Revit – click here to view the EdgeWise Building Modelling Brochure.