- Market leading Australian company, experiencing strong growth
- Great team environment
Position Partners is Australia’s premier provider of positioning and machine control solutions for surveying, civil works and building activities. With more than 270 staff in 10 locations in Australia and international branches in New Zealand and Asia, no other provider matches the level of knowledge, experience and support of this well-established company.
The company is now looking for a Field Service Technician-Mining to join our team.
This is a hands-on role based out of our Balcatta Office.
As Field Service Technician-Mining you will conduct HP GPS installations and Weighing System solutions and repairs on the following machines and equipment :
- Light Trucks, Utes
- Loaders (Komatsu, Hitachi, Leibherr ,Volvo , Case)
- Dozers (Cat ,Komatsu )
- Graders (Cat ,Komatsu , John Deere )
- Excavators (Komatsu, Hitachi, Leibherr ,Volvo)
- Drill Rigs ( CAT, Atlas Copco and Sandvik )
- Dump Trucks (CAT, Komatsu)
- Base station install and setup
- Repeater install and setup
- WIFI mesh and network configurations
- Site communication networks and radio solutions
Your skills and responsibilities will include;
- Strong proactive focus toward safety and hazard identification.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Strong practical and technical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated and hard working with a professional attitude.
- Company and customer focused.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Sourcing technical information from available reference manuals, OEM and computer- based systems.
- Complying with drawings and instructions for new installations.
- Installing and removing of components.
- Conducting technical inspections and job estimations.
- Undertaking maintenance, diagnostic and repair based activities.
- Undertaking administration tasks, eg : Pre-starts, job sheets, timesheets, client reports, Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) etc
Key attributes required;
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Able to work away at short notice when required by clients.
- Able to work within the mining sector and operate within the conditions onsite (Drug testing , Heat / Cold , Fatigue limits , remote work and adhoc rosters)
- Able to work shift work (12 hrs when onsite and to a maximum of 14 days ).
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised in remote areas.
- Valid C class driver’s licence.
- Australian Recognised Trade Qualification Preferred.
Current work tickets including EWP, WAH and HR Truck license are desirable.
On offer, is a career within an organisation that believes in supporting, training and developing talented employees.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a full pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol screen and a National Police Clearance.
This company strives for excellent service delivery and taking pride in what we do. If you share these passions in your career, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a cover letter and resume.
Position Partners is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all diverse backgrounds.
Need something else?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or you have a unique project you’d like to discuss with us, please drop us a note and we’ll be in touch!