Position Partners are currently seeking a Field Service Technician to join their team. This is a full-time permanent role be based at our branch in Silverwater. This role will report to the Field Services Manager and requires a high level of personal responsibility and autonomy to deliver quality services that maintain a positive customer experience.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out machine system installation and repairs for customers with particular focus on Machine Control Systems and site solutions; these include 2D/ 3D automation, machine payload weighing and machine safety systems. Installation and support will primarily be onsite with an occasional mix of phone/ remote support activities.
This role is subject to pre-employment medical assessment and police check.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Onsite and workshop-based installations of machine control systems and equipment.
- Calibration and Commissioning of machine systems and attachments.
- Trouble shooting, problem solving, technical support.
- Servicing & maintaining equipment.
- Customer training.
- Trade Qualified Auto Electrician, Heavy Diesel Mechanic or Light Vehicle mechanic highly regarded.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and fabrication skills.
- Understanding of Electrical and Hydraulic systems.
- Ability to build and manage customer relationships and expectations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Goal oriented, outcome focused, performance driven.
- Sound computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Display a high degree of professionalism and positive attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostics skills.
- Strong practical and technical experience.
- Driver’s Licence (car)
- Experience with heavy equipment mechanical repairs/ maintenance.
- Experience with heavy equipment auto electrical repairs/ maintenance.
- Experience with mobile plant hydraulic systems.
- Experience or exposure to installing and maintaining machine control systems.
- A knowledge of Surveying practices, techniques and concepts would also be of benefit.
- Interest in new technology development
Why join us?
Position Partners is a company with an inclusive and collaborative working culture. With an 82% employee engagement rate, we are the place to work.
You will be working with evolving and emerging technology as well as great people who are very capable and passionate about what they do. Position Partners believes in diversity of thinking so you will have the ability to make an impact no matter what role you are in.
Position Partners provides continuous development for all employees, career progression, reward and recognition, flexible working days and hours, hybrid work (work from home and office), generous parental leave provisions, salary sacrificing benefits, travel and a wellness programme.
Position Partners strives for excellent service delivery and taking pride in what we do. If you share these passions in your career, we would like to hear from you.
Position Partners is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity – we acknowledge the vibrancy that a diverse workforce brings to enhance both our workplace culture and our service delivery.