MXL import Magnet6

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stephen-parkes)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

We have recently started using Land XML to take advantage of digitised subdivision plans. We have used the landXML import functions in Magnet, but these don't bring the data in how we want it or take advantage of our code libraries (understandably). I've written an application that uses our code libraries and the landXML plans and converts it to a Magnet XML (MXL) file which can be imported into magnet and it looks exactly how we want it.

In Magnet 5 everything is perfect, but in Magnet 6 text that is split across multiple lines is kept on a single line. That is on importing the MXL file the carriage returns in text labels are ignored. I've tried adding in codes for line breaks (\n, CDATA etc) into the text labels of the MXL file but these are either removed and the single line of text remains or the file won't import. When I manually edit text labels in the MXL file by splitting the text over multiple lines, a square unicode character is shown when imported into magnet (ie it doesn't read the carriage return code as a carriage return). Same if I add tabs.

Hoping someone can provide a workaround or an update can be provided that fixes this problem.

Cheers,

Graeme H
(@ghetet)

Stephen, can you please attach an XML file that you use to import into Magnet Office that shows the problems you have encountered as we need some evidence so that we can submit this issue to Magnet Support (Topcon) to get resolved.

ReplyQuote
(@stephen-parkes)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Graeme, sorry about slow response. The response alert went to my junk mail.

How do I attach a file in this forum?

Cheers,

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)

Hi Stephen, got your 3 MXL files from Zoie.. I have v5.1.1 on one PC and v6.1 on the other to compare the imports of for example DP 1206283 and in both versions the codes are the same... the only difference is the DP, Lot and Area which is in a one line text string in v6.1 and in v5.1 it is one above the other.

So basically the issue is reading the text string correctly as what v5.1 does and in v6.1 it doesn't. I wil report this to Magnet Support @ Topcon.

ReplyQuote
(@stephen-parkes)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Graeme,

Exactly. How it looks in v5.1 is how we want it to look.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)

This has now been reported to Magnet Program Team Manager.

ReplyQuote
(@stephen-parkes)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Great. Thanks Graeme

ReplyQuote
(@stephen-parkes)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I was wondering if there had been any progress on resolving this issue.

Cheers,

Steve

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)

Hi Stephen, as far as I know, this issue will hopefully be addressed for Magnet Office v7.0 and going on previous version releases, this won't be till the late part of this year.

ReplyQuote
Share: