Clear all

Set All Attributes to ByLayer

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Graeme H
(@ghetet)
Topic starter  

This has been resolved in v6.1 and the workflow is: select the data on-screen; select on the Properties bar and change Colour; Mark; Symbol; Line Style; Line Width to ByLayer and then click the Set all Attributes to ByLayer icon and all the selected data will have their properties updated to ByLayer while still retaining the original colour, symbol, line style and width.

(@davidl)
Member Customer

Graeme, I assume when you say this issue is resolved that it means when you press the 'Set all attributes to byLayer' button it stays that way until you decide otherwise. In the past versions, changing the current layer to another layer caused Magnet to turn this off and start creating objects not Bylayer. Modern CAD practice is to create everything by Layer and therefore should by the normal case and not the exception (as this is the point of having layers in the first place). I was getting a little bit frustrated having to select everything all the time and  hit the ByLayer Button a 1000 times a day. Am imissing something? Is there a way to draw by layer all the time in magnet?

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)
Topic starter  

@davidl

Yes I see what you mean - if you select another layer to be current, it loses the ByLayer status and have to click "Set all Attributes to ByLayer" again to refresh the properties bar. Trouble is that the Layer Manager doesn't recognise or hold the ByLayer status for each layer and changing layers uses what's set in the Layer Manager. Will report this to fix.

ReplyQuote
(@davidl)
Member Customer

Thanks, I think it will be a small change but a big improvement.

ReplyQuote
(@davidl)
Member Customer

This problem still exists in v6.1, I wonder if it will be fixed in the near future?

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)
Topic starter  

It is planned (according to Barkley's web site) that  all attributes set to ByLayer will be updated in the Layer Manager as well, so that selecting another layer from the Layer Manager or from the Layer drop-down list will retain it's ByLayer status.

ReplyQuote
Share: