iVolve A window to your mine site operations
iVolve FMS enables you to manage your mine operations more effectively to increase productivity, reduce costs and improve safety.
For open pit mining, digger and haul truck operations are key. Optimising equipment utilisation is essential to meet high production demands and minimise downtime of machines.
Poor haul truck optimisation (under/over-loading of trucks) can have an impact on production levels and increase maintenance costs. Production Manager™ enables site personnel to view the haul truckload cycle in real-time, enabling instant production decision making for improved circuit management. In addition to real-time management, Production Manager also provides scheduling reporting.
Through close monitoring and record keeping of each step of the haul truck load cycle, Production Manager™ enables real-time production decision making. Information is sent instantly via the Nexis™ network to the iVolve Server for real-time access by site personnel along with reporting requirements.
As a training aid Production Manager™ gives shift leaders remote access and a thorough overview of the entire site and every machine within it. Each new operator’s performance can be remotely monitored and appraised, with training requirements tailored accordingly.
Dispatch personnel gain functional access to direct mobile fleet asset movements and control production activity, ensuring that daily mine plan production requirements are met whilst utilising assets in the most cost-effective manner.
Production Manager™ displays tonnage, BCM, material, location and centre-of-gravity data directly to the excavator operator via an in-cab screen, assisting optimal loading of every truck.
Plant Asset Management
Managing key assets across large mine sites has its challenges. Plant Manager enables remote monitoring of construction equipment and complete control of lighting plants and pumps, reducing site costs significantly. PAMS Lighting Plant Manager provides several status of lighting plant such as fuel levels, engine temperature, door status and boom position.
Plant Manager™ provides the following features:
- Fuel level and engine condition monitoring
- Engine hour logging
- Door and boom state detection and reporting
- Engine prestart siren/beacon
- Remote timed for start/stop control
- Remote manual start/stop for maintenance checks
- GPS tracking and tagging
- Integrated Nexis Mesh router
- Centralised reporting
Supporting a wide range of inputs, Plant Manager monitors the status of plant including fuel and oil levels, engine temperature, door status and boom position.
Automated engine start and stop can be setup based on a required time schedule, or manually turned on and off when working within a network coverage area. A prestart siren and beacon are provided to ensure maximum safety for automation of machinery.
For autiding and reporting, Plant Manager can be setup to log GPS locations of devices into the database, along with displaying real-time position and equipment data of the lighting plant via the iControl application software.
iVolve’s maintenance solutions provide site personnel with real-time data about the health of the equipment, enabling preventative maintenance to proactively manage potential faults before they occur. Instant fault notifications enable personnel to respond to machine failures instantly, decreasing lost production time and costs. Maintenance Manager can interface with many OEM systems and can consolidate data into a consistent user experience.
Via on-board vehicle management systems, Maintenance Manager™ delivers health data feeds in real time. This data is displayed graphically via iReport dashboards at fleet and individual asset levels, with full data history available for a wide range of configurable reporting requirements.
In the event of site-specified alerts, Maintenance Manager™ provides on screen alerts within iControl providing true, real-time decision making capability. Maintenance Manager™ will improve your machine availability while decreasing maintenance and lost production costs associated with in-service failures.
Sudden rapid tyre deflations and blowouts are the cause of numerous safety incidents on mine sites every year. Costing more than $50,000 a tyre and with a global shortage, extending tyre life is one area where dramatic and immediate cost savings can be realised.
Tyre Manager™ provides mine site management, safety and maintenance teams with real-time access to tyre temperatures and pressures. Respond to over-temperature and under/over pressure events before the tyre reaches critical status.
Safety & Risk Management
Proximiti is iVolve’s safety management solution which uses a long range, high speed GPS based collision awareness system coupled with a short range low speed radar proximity detection system that provides enhanced situational awareness. Alerts are sent to the vehicle operator during high risk events and the playback mode is useful for incident investigation purposes.
Proximiti™ alerts the vehicle operator while also providing auditable data via the iVolve Server™ application; the system also supports full play-back capability for incident investigation purposes. The in-cab screen is multifunctional providing all proximity movements and production data through the one screen.
iVolve Safey Manager utilises the following technology:
1. Long-range GPS-based collision awareness system which has evolved directly from the aviation industry, is the primary Proximiti system, and provides long-range collision awareness alerts at high vehicle speeds.
2. The short-range radar-based collision awareness system is the secondary Proximiti system and provides close range proximity detection alerts at low speeds.
3. iVolve’s Nexis™ provides seamless integration and communication for the Proximiti system. Intelligent switching between long-range/high-speed GPS and short-range/low-speed radar is managed by Nexis™ based on a number of parameters including vehicle speed and satellite communications availability. In the event of loss of sufficient satellite bounce for the GPS system, Nexis™ automatically alerts the vehicle operator and switches Proximiti alerting to the radar system until satellite visibility is once again available. This has specific implications for mining in work areas close to open-pit high-walls.
4. The in-cab screen manages integrated alerting for the Proximiti system; the screen is touch-screen LCD with integrated audio alerting, with buzz alert and human speech alert capabilities. The screen default display is “greyed out”, becoming active only when required to alert the operator to a current event. The in-cab screen also features intelligent auto dimming with an on-board ambient light sensor, ensuring that the system will not distract operators or create night-blindness situations. A variety of installation options is available allowing the screen to be installed within the operators peripheral view, but out of the direct line of sight.