5 must have options for your loader scales
Adding loader scales to your loader is a productivity must. By ensuring each load is right the first time, every time, loader scales are proven to dramatically reduce trips to the stockpile, so you’ll save on fuel, reduce machine and tyre wear and increase efficiency on every job.
But not all loader scales are created equal! There are some important features that equate to even bigger benefits, so make sure you look out for the following options before buying:
- Dynamic weighing capability. To really save you time and get accurate results, look for a system that can keep up with the machine. It sounds simple, but in order to get reliable repeatability and accuracy you need scales that can weigh continuously, when the machine is either moving or stationary. Most systems on the market do not do this! Inclinometers and accelerometers in engineer speak, translate to a system that can stay accurate in rough terrain, at speed and cater to slopes up to +/- 10 degrees.
- Oil temperature compensation. Loaders are doing the machine equivalent of interval training all day, every day. Heavy lifting, cardio to and from the stockpile and times where it’s idling lead to fluctuations in oil temperature, which can lead to fluctuations in weight accuracy unless you have a system that can compensate for it.
- Option to trade off the weight. The ability to add ‘Trade Approved’ functionality to your loader scales means you can transact from the weight data on the system. A handy in-cab printer means you can print results instantly, or alternatively send and receive job information to and from the office using Wi-Fi.
- Reversing camera option. Increase safety and reduce clutter in the cab by transforming your loader scale indicator into a reversing camera screen! The Loadmaster Alpha 100 system by RDS Technology includes video input capability so you don’t need to install a second screen.
- Flexibility of an open source platform. Last but not least, make sure the system you invest in can handle everything you need, including support for a wide range of buckets, forks or other attachments, the ability to work with wheeled, telescopic or tractor style machines and, importantly, the option to interface directly with your ERP system.
Position Partners offers all the above features and more, with local hire, support and training in every State and Territory of Australia. Get in touch today on 1300 867 266 or visit www.positionpartners.com.au