5 must have options for your loader scales
With the ever-increasing focus on productivity, adding weighing scales to your loader is a must! By ensuring each load is right the first time, every time, loader scales are proven to dramatically reduce trips to the stockpile, so you’ll save on fuel, reduce machine and tyre wear and increase efficiency on every job.
Not all loader scales are created equal, make sure you look out for the following options before buying:
1. Dynamic weighing capability: To really save you time and get accurate results, look for a system that can keep up with the machine. It sounds simple, but in order to get reliable repeatability and accuracy you need scales that can weigh continuously, when the machine is either moving or stationary. Most systems on the market do not do this! Inclinometers and accelerometers in engineer speak, translate to a system that can stay accurate in rough terrain, at speed and cater to slopes up to +/- 10 degrees.
2. Oil temperature compensation: Loaders are doing the machine equivalent of interval training all day, every day. Heavy lifting, cardio to and from the stockpile and times where it’s idling lead to fluctuations in oil temperature, which can lead to fluctuations in weight accuracy unless you have a system that can compensate for it.
3. Option to trade off the weight: The ability to add ‘Trade Approved’ functionality to your loader scales means you can transact from the weight data on the system. A handy in-cab printer means you can print results instantly, or alternatively send and receive job information to and from the office using Wi-Fi.
4. Reversing camera option: Increase safety and reduce clutter in the cab by transforming your loader scale indicator into a reversing camera screen! The Loadmaster Alpha 100 system by Topcon includes video input capability so you don’t need to install a second screen.
5. Customisable buttons: Customisable buttons on the screen for tracking customers, products, haulers etc. It may seem minor, but having the ability to setup the screen the way that suits the operator and their work makes a big difference to getting the most out of the system.
“We understand the importance of weighing to our customers and provide accurate, reliable on-board weighing solutions,” said Troy Howard, Market Development Manager - 2D & Weighing, Position Partners.
“The Loadmaster a100 is an excellent weighing solution for anyone looking to put a weighing scale on their loader. It ticks all the boxes and with its bright, large, colour touch screen, exportable data and small form factor printer, this easy-to-use weighing solution will fit in seamlessly with your workflow!”
For more information on the Loadmaster a100 Trade approved, hydraulic loader scales and other Topcon weighing solutions, visit: https://www.positionpartners.com.au/product/loadmaster-alpha-100-loader-scales/