Clear all

PDF BACKGROUND IMAGES WHEN PRINTING FROM DRAWING VIEW

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@p-wild)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

With the newest version, I seem to have problems when printing from drawing view with many/most PDF backgrounds - they either dont show or are very poor quality and unreadable. thats despite the PDF image being clear and sharply defined in model view. the transparency is set very low so the image is quite dominant in model view - when going to drawing view the image quality degrades significantly and often wont plot behind the drawing....... any clues out there?

Graeme H
(@ghetet)

Hi,

Yes there has been a problem with printing background images / PDF's in v6.x and we are currently testing a beta release of Magnet Office v7.0 and that reported issue has now been fixed in v7.0. Hopefully Magnet Office v7.0 might be released by the end of the year and if not, sometime in January.

ReplyQuote
(@blake)
Member Customer

The only work around for me has been to go back to an older version where the background images will show correctly. You then obviously lose some of the functions included in the latest release. Unfortunate that a patch or interim version wasn't released to fix this, we use drone imaging in conjunction with survey data for clients. Haven't been able to use the latest version to do this...

ReplyQuote
(@robert)
Member Customer

Is there any update on when magnet v7.0 will be released?

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)

@blake - Printing / plotting images whether they are background images, inserted images in the drawing or title block Company images, these all have been resolved in Magnet Office v7.0

I cannot say exactly when v7.0 will be released by Topcon as Topcon don't give us a "heads-up", but we are checking the "MyTopcon" site daily within a product selection for Updates as that is where Topcon will post the new version.

ReplyQuote
Graeme H
(@ghetet)

@robert - I cannot say exactly when v7.0 will be released by Topcon as Topcon don't give us a "heads-up", but we are checking the "MyTopcon" site daily within a product selection for Updates as that is where Topcon will post the new version.

ReplyQuote
Share: