DJI Phantom 4 RTK Drone – Next Generation Mapping
DJI rethought its drone technology from the ground-up with revolutionising their systems to achieve a new standard for drone accuracy. Now offering the DJIPhantom 4 RTK drone customers centimeter-accurate data while requirig fewer ground control points.
- 1cm+1ppm RTK Horizontal Positioning Accuracy
- 1.5cm+1ppm RTK Vertical Positioning Accuracy
- 5cm* (*when flying at 100m height, 2.7cm GSD, Sunny) Absolute Horizontal Accuracy of Photogrammetric Models
- RTK Module
- 1″ CMOS Sensor
- GS RTK APP
- D-RTK 2 GNSS Mobile Station
Centimeter Leveling Positioning System
A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK drone, providing real-time, centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata. Sitting just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight stablity in signal-poor regions such as dense cities. Combining both modules, the Phantom 4 RTK is able to optimise flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for complex surveying, mapping and inspection workflows.
Fit the Phantom 4 RTK to any workflow, with the ability to connect this positioning system to the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol) using a 4G dongle or WiFi hotspot, or store the statellite observation data to be used for Post Processed Kinematics (PPK).
Gather Accurate Data with TimeSynch
To take full advantage of the Phantom 4 RTK’s positioning modules, the new TimeSync system was created to continualy align the flight controller, camera and RTK module. Additionally, TimeSync ensures each photo uses the most accurate metadata and fixes the positioning data to the center of the CMOS – optimising the results from photogrammetric mentds and letting the image achieve centimeter-level positioning data.
Precise Imaging System
Capture the best image data with a 1-inh, 20 megapixal GMOS sensor. Mechanical sutter makes mapping missions or regular data capture seamless as the Phantom 4 RTK drone can move while taking pictures without the risk of rolling shutter blur. Due to the high resolution, the Phantom 4 RTK can achieve a Ground Sample Distance (GSD) of 2.74 cm at 100 meters flight altitude. To ensure each Phantom 4 RTK drone offers unparalleled accuracy, every single camera lens goes through a rigorous calibration process where radial and tangential lens distortions are measured. The distortion parameters gathered are saved into each image’s metadata, getting post-processing software adjust uniquely for every user.
Purpose-Built Flight Planning Application
A new GS RTK app allows pilots to intelligently control their Phantom 4 RTK, with two planning modes – Photogrammetry and Waypoint Flight – Alongside a more traditional flight mode. The planning modes lets pilots select the drone’s flight path while adjusting overlap rate, altitude, speed, camera parameters and more, offering an automated mapping or inspection workflow.
The GS RTK app has been built with its users in mind and therefore has a range of features built for specific mapping or inspection workflows. The app has implemented direct loading of KML area files for in-office flight planning, a new shutter priority mode to keep exposure consistent across all photos and a strong wind alarm to warn pilots of adverse conditions.
Mobile SDK Supported
The Phantom 4 RTK is compatible with the DJI Mobile SDK, opening up its functions to automation and customisaton through a mobile device.
OcuSync Transmission System
Enjoy stable and reliable HD image and video transmission at distances of up to 7km, great for mapping larger sites.
*Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience. Always fly your drone within visual line of sight unless otherwise permitted.
Seamless Compatibility with D-RTK 2 Mobile Station
Support your Phantom 4 RTK missions with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station – providing real-time differential data to the drone and forming an accurate surveying solution. The Mobile Station’s rugged design and OcuSync 2.0 transmission system ensures you can gain centimeter-level accurate data with your Phantom 4 RTK in any condition.
Start Mapping Today With The DJI Phantom 4 RTK Drone
With a built-in flight planning app (GS RTK) and an easy method to collect RTK data (RTK Network or D-RTK 2 Mobile Station), pilots have a full solution for any surveying, aping or inspection workflow – right out of the box.
D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station – Optimised Accuracy, Ultimate Reliability
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is DJI’s upgraded high precision GNSS receiver that supports all major global satellite navigation systems, providing real time differential corrections that generate centimeter level positioning data for improved relative accuracy.
D-RTK2 Mobile Station fully supports GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, and GALILEO signals. Easy and quick to set up, the D-RTK2 Mobile Station provides real-time differential data for drones to achieve centimeter-level positioning accuracy. The built-in high-gain antenna guarantees better signal reception from more satellites even when obstructions are present.
Stay Connected for Any Mission
D-RTK2 Mobile Station supports communication via 4G, OcuSync, WiFi, and LAN, ensuring uninterrupted, stable data transmission under any application scenario. Up to 5 remote controllers* can be connected to D-RTK2 Mobile Station simultaneously. This makes coordinated operations involving multiple drones a possibility, significantly improving efficiency.
*NG-1P and Phantom 4 RTK standard remote controllers
Durability you Can Trust
Featuring IP67 level ingress protection and lightweight carbon fiber body, the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is ultra-portable and up for any task, no matter how tough. The built -in IMUs monitor movements and calibrate the tilt sensors to alert the operator of any abnormalities during the mission, minimising risks.
A Comprehensive Solution
D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is compatible with Phantom 4 RTK and MG-1P RTK. It can be used as a Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS), which provides high precision positioning data within the cover range of the base station, making it the ideal tool for surveying, aerial inspections, agriculture, and other applications.
Phantom 4 RTK Key Features:
DJI has rethought its drone technology from the ground-up, revolutionizing its systems to achieve a new standard for drone accuracy – resulting in the creation of the Phantom 4 RTK. The system was designed by looking at the requirements from the drone mapping and surveying market and building exactly what they wished for – a compact drone solution with a high-resolution camera and the ability to capture centimeter-accurate RTK data.
- Support RTK and PPK
- Centimeter-Level Positioning System
- Precise Imaging System
- D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Compatibility
- NTRIP Compatibility
- Mobile SDK Supported
Centimetre Level Positioning System
- The integrated RTK module provides accurate positioning data even with no GCPs.
- The Phantom 4 RTK stores the satellite observation data for PPK (Post-Process Kinematic) position post-process.
- Compatible with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCMv3 via Internet Protocol) and third-party RTK stations (Only PPK is available when the ground station is without the NTRIP service).
Integrated RTK Module
- A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK drone, providing real-time, centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata.
- Sitting just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight stability in signal-poor regions such as dense cities.
- Combining both GNSS and RTK modules, the Phantom 4 RTK can optimize flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for complex surveying, mapping, and inspection workflows.
Precise Imaging System
- 1-inch CMOS sensor, 20M effective pixels, 2.7 cm GSD (Ground Sample Distance) at 100 m flight altitude.
- Radial and tangential lens distortions were measured for post-processing image calibration.
- The camera is synchronized with the RTK module, delivers millisecond-level imaging deviation.
- The DJI Phantom 4 RTK Drone camera would capture and store the phase compensation data for the post-processing position calibration
- The mechanical shutter on Phantom 4 RTK’s camera eliminates rolling shutter distortions which can occur when flying at high speed, allows high-precision shots to be captured without the wobble distortion.
To take full advantage of the Phantom 4 RTK’s positioning modules, the new TimeSync system was created to align the flight controller, camera and RTK module continually.
Additionally, TimeSync ensures each photo uses the most accurate metadata and fixes the positioning data to the center of the CMOS – optimizing the results from photogrammetric methods and letting the image achieve centimeter-level positioning data.